Workshops at the TCGSS are designed to teach guitarists a range of skills based on the strengths of our teachers and artists. In 2012 workshops ranged from healthy playing techniques to best practice for guitar teachers. Workshops include lectures to hands-on practicals.
Based on feedback from 2012 we presented a new range of workshops in 2014 catering to what students wanted as well as drawing on our line up of best loved and novel artists from around the world.
The workshops for 2014 included:
- Miles Jackson - How to Improve your Speed and Fluency in the Techniques of Tremolo and Arpeggio
- Rod Capper - Classical Guitar Playability (Why are Some Guitars Easier to Play?)
- Richard Charlton - Effective writing and arranging for the guitar
- Gunter Herbig - Correct Practising Schedules and Techniques to Prepare for a Performance Without Tension
- Simone Iannarelli - Analyse This
- Paul Zdrenka - Sound Recording for the Guitar